Cosasco has developed a line of patented internal corrosion monitoring access fittings. By using an insert made of Hastelloy® C276, the seal seat areas and threads are protected from corrosion damage. Hastelloy® C276 is a strong passive film forming material. Consequently, as a cathode in a galvanic cell, it tends to pass very little current. This tendency and the large anode-to-cathode area ratio eliminates galvanic corrosion.
These internal corrosion monitoring fittings were subjected to rigorous independent testing by a major middle east oil company and their test results proved the merits of this design.
- Corrosion Resistant Hastelloy® Threads and Seal Seat Areas
- Vessel Compatible Body Material for Welding Compatibility
- Especially Ideal for Bottom-Of-Line Positions
- Design Virtually Eliminates Galvanic Corrosion
- Available on any Model Access Fitting, any Tee Size
- Compatible with all Existing Equipment
- Meets Material Requirements of NACE MR0175 and MR0103
- Corrosion resistant Hastelloy® threads and seal seat areas
- Tendency and large anode-to-cathode area ratio eliminates galvanic corrosion
- Compatible with all existing equipment
- Meets NACE MR0175 and MR0103
- Materials are chosen primarily for compatibility with the vessel material on which they are installed
- Especially common on bottom-of-line installations
- Subjected to rigorous independent testing